update: from now on this chain is available in two versions, rolled in on the roll and fresh out of the package.
The golden standard for everyone who finds the process of waxing with Molten Speed Wax too much effort at first glance or who still wants to get a taste for it: This chain has enjoyed the full package of tuning and is ready for competition use or that Zwifting in the living room on the expensive carpet.
- In the more expensive version, you can still run it for half an hour on the smart trainer and have the blades and sprockets completely clean. For once, skew is king here. Attention: Select this variant if available!
- Degrease with several passes of mineral spirits.
- Then finally cleaned using an ultrasonic cleaning device. With 240 watts of boom and hot water including an ultrasonic cleaner.
- Then there is a final bath in alcohol to remove the last residue of anything.
- Now the chain is sparkling clean and free of any annoying grease.
- Swirl in liquid Molten Speed Wax until the hot wax mixture has spread everywhere.
- Dried and collapsed again. Attention: the chain still needs to be run in for half an hour until it runs really smoothly!
- The chain comes with a new, also waxed chain lock.
You can find out more about Molten Speed Wax and its benefits here:
Between you and me: I have yet to have a buyer who wasn't thrilled with the wax and the finished chain.
And now it comes: A chain like this is pretty much the only tuning part that makes sense for indoor Zwifting, except of course for the weight! Because less friction loss is noticeable there too. In addition, you don't mess up the couch and the expensive Persian with chain grease.
The necklace comes unspectacularly in a plastic bag with a zipper closure.
You can find my tips for initial assembly here in the blog .
If you want to go really deep into comparing different chain lubricants, these tests are recommended, good work by the guys at Velonews in the USA and Zerofriction in Australia:
If there is currently something about "sold out" here, just ask by email, the new ones are probably in the making and I'm on the roll: firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise go to the Ultegra version here .
#mspeedwax #moltenspeedwax #chainwaxing #ultrafastoptimization #marginalgains #chaintuning #timetrial #timetrialtuesday #chainmaintenance #bikemaintenance #zerofriction #zeitfahrhacks #bicyclelube #bicyclechain #bicycletips