This is the 11-speed, 114-link model!
For all those who find the process of waxing with Molten Speed Wax too much work at first glance or who still want to get a taste for it: this chain has enjoyed the full package of tuning and is ready for competition use or Zwifting in the Living room on the expensive carpet.
- an hour run in on the smart trainer with completely clean blades and sprockets.
- degreased with several passes of white spirit. By the way, this is filtered and reused by me.
- then finally cleaned with an ultrasonic cleaning device. With 240 watts of boom and hot water including an alkaline ultrasonic solution.
- then a final bath in ethanol to remove the last residue of anything.
- now the chain is sparkling clean, polished on the inside and free of any annoying grease or similar.
- bathed in liquid Molten Speed Wax until the wax mixture has spread all over.
- dried and collapsed again. Attention: the chain has to be run in for another half hour before it runs really smoothly!
- comes with a new, also waxed chain lock.
More about Molten Speed Wax and its benefits can be found here:
Just between us: I have never had a buyer who was not enthusiastic about the wax and the finished chain.
And now it comes: such a chain is pretty much the only tuning part that also makes sense for Zwifting indoors! Because less friction loss is noticeable there too. In addition, you don't mess up the couch and the expensive Persian with chain grease.
The necklace comes unspectacularly in a plastic bag with a zip fastener.
You can find my tips for the first assembly here via blog .
If you want to get really deep into the comparison of different chain lubrications, we recommend these tests, good work by the guys from Velonews from the USA and from Zerofriction from Australia:
#mspeedwax #moltenspeedwax #chainwaxing #ultrafastoptimization #marginalgains #chaintuning #timetrial #timetrialtuesday #chainmaintenance #bikemaintenance #zerofriction #zeitfahrhacks #bicyclelube #bicyclechain #bicycletips